What price a child?


The Daily Mail


Aha! At last we know how much a child’s life is worth.

Two thousand, four hundred pound apparently.

At least that is the price a child-minder has to pay if they happen to let one die.

However, if a woman isn’t working out of necessity in order to bring in that essential second wage to keep a family’s head above water, she will inevitably be a single mother earning a few bob over what she would get in benefits after she has met the cost of child care.

This means more and more children are spending the best part of their day with a nursery assistant or child minder out of either necessity or because their mother has been bullied into getting a job.

And, where as I’m sure that these childminders are dedicated and do a good job the majority of the time, they can’t love and cherish your child more than what you can.

Moreover, at the end of the day, it is just a job to them.

I mean, do you like every child that you come into contact with? Course you don’t.

And, while you wouldn’t deliberately hurt that child I’m sure that you would pay it a lot less attention than a child you liked.

So why assume that it is any different for child-minders or nursery nurses.

Furthermore, childminders have 5 or 6 kids at a time to look after. So, if 2 or 3 of those kids are a bit lively, naughty or demanding, the other 2 or 3 are getting less attention and/or supervision. And that I’m afraid, is when accidents happen.

We already know that the government are going to relax the law on the number of kids that a child-minder can look after, yet we are seeing more and more cases of fatal or potentially fatal accidents happen.

For instance you had those two little children walk out of their nursery the other week onto a busy road. Then there is the fatal accident that is featured in the article below.

And it wasn’t so long ago that we had that paedophile nursery nurse taking photos of the kids that she was meant to be protecting.

I know one thing for sure. I certainly wouldn’t trust my Clayton with a child-minder.

You cannot put a price on his life as far as I’m concerned. Certainly not an insulting £2,400.

Therefore, until he starts school, myself and Stacey will manage between us, although Stacey is due back in collage after the summer holidays and I usually sleep in the day.

The only people I trust to look after Clay are those who wouldn’t be paid to do it.
Similarly, it will be either me or Stacey taking him and collecting him from school.

Okay, we are in a position to do that, but fuck me, even if I wasn’t, I would make sure that I was. And so should everybody else.

Course, the only reason that the vast majority of parents aren’t in a position to look after their own kids is because of the corrupt government working for a corrupt system.

I keep telling you that we could all enjoy infinitely better lives if we got rid of this corrupt system that is specifically designed to make slaves of us all.

This in turn breaks down the family unit.

And, judging by the number of children being looked after by childminders, the corrupt system is working very well.

I honestly and truly despair at how fucking dumb the nation has become.

But, until people wise up, you will be reading a lot more articles like the following one. You can betcha children’s fucking lives on that.


Nursery nurse fined just £2,400 after toddler in her care was found hanged… and she was promoted THREE TIMES after the tragedy

  • Rhiya Malin, two, died after becoming trapped in nursery’s Wendy house
  • Nursery worker Kayley Murphy, 25, convicted of failing to keep her safe
  • Today Murphy, of Loughton, Essex, was fined at Chelmsford Crown Court
  • Casterbridge Care & Education Ltd and Casterbridge Nurseries also fined


PUBLISHED: 15:30, 28 June 2013 | UPDATED: 16:29, 28 June 2013

A nursery worker who was chatting on her mobile moments before Rhiya Malin died in a wooden playhouse at Eton Manor Day Nursery in Chigwell, Essex, was fined todayA nursery worker who was chatting on her mobile moments before Rhiya Malin died in a wooden playhouse at Eton Manor Day Nursery in Chigwell, Essex, was fined today

A nursery worker who was chatting on her mobile phone while looking after children shortly before a two-year-old girl was found hanging in a wooden playhouse has today been fined just £2,400.

Kayley Murphy was seen repeatedly using her mobile phone moments before Rhiya Malin’s lifeless body was found hanging from a gap between the roof and wall of a wooden Wendy house at Eton Manor Day Nursery in Chigwell, Essex.

Staff realised that the little girl was missing when they came back inside following a garden play session, and found that she had got her head wedged in the play house while playing unsupervised in the garden.

Desperate efforts were made to resuscitate the child who was rushed to Whipps Cross Hospital, London, but she was declared dead.

Earlier this year a jury found Murphy, 25, of Loughton, Essex, guilty of a string of health and safety failings.

During her trial, it emerged Murphy still worked at the nursery and had been promoted three times since Rhiya’s death on November 7, 2007.

Since her conviction, Murphy has left the nursery and is now living on the job seeker’s allowance after struggling to find employment.

Today at Chelmsford Crown Court she was fined just £2,400 due to her ‘straitened financial circumstances’, and was given 12 months to make the payment.

The companies that ran the nursery, Casterbridge Care and Education Ltd and Casterbridge Nurseries, were also fined after admitting breaching health and safety rules.


The two companies were jointly fined £150,000, as well as an additional £70,000 for prosecution costs.

Judge Karen Walden-Smith, sentencing, listed a number of damning failings in the care provided by the nursery and Murphy before delivering her sentence.

She said: ‘This is undoubtedly a difficult and sensitive sentencing decision, as at its centre is the death of a young, much-loved and much-wanted child.

Little Rhiya Malin died after she got stuck in a wooden playhouse while playing unsupervised at this nurseryLittle Rhiya Malin died after she got stuck in a wooden playhouse while playing unsupervised at this nursery

Rhiya died after her head became wedged between the roof and the wall of the wooden playhouseThe much-loved toddler died after her head became wedged between the roof and the wall of the playhouse

‘In my judgement the main aggravating feature with respect of the offences committed by the Casterbridge companies is the death of Rhiya Malin while in their care.

‘She was very young and therefore highly vulnerable and, while this is not a public company providing public services in which safety is entrusted, the business was a nursery where the care of the children is paramount and where parents have placed the ultimate trust, the care of their child.

‘The companies failed in their core obligation.Kayley Murphy is in a different position to the company.

‘She failed on that day to properly supervise the children for whom she was responsible as the room manager and she used her mobile phone.

‘She failed to direct those working with and under her direction to spread themselves across the garden, and she joined with them in congregating in one place in order to have a social chat.

At Kayley Murphy's trial earlier this year the court heard she was promoted three times after the accidentAt Kayley Murphy’s trial earlier this year the court heard she was promoted three times after the accident

‘Her failures meant that the chances of the accident being avoided were significantly reduced and Rhiya’s chances of survival were also reduced.

‘She has apologised and I am told that she has always known an apology would never be enough.

‘But given her straitened financial circumstances it is only a very small fine that I can realistically impose. The size of the fine bears no relation to the worth of Rhiya.

‘The significant punishment had already been inflicted on Ms Murphy by reason of what happened on November 7, and now her own situation resulting from the conviction.’

Murphy sat in the dock as the sentence was read out watched by Rhiya’s parents Jay, 42, and Shatl, 33, both from Chigwell, in the public gallery.

Speaking outside court, Mr Malin said: ‘We are satisfied with the judge’s decision today.

No amount of money will ever bring Rhiya back so our aim was always to make sure lesson are learnt so something like this can never happen again.’  – Shatl Malin, 33, Rhiya’s mother

‘A fine will never be a reflection of our loss – it’s about accountability.

‘It is very difficult for Kayley Murphy or the company to face what they did but unfortunately their failings did cause the death of our beautiful daughter.’

Mrs Malin added: ‘It has been frustrating at times that it has taken so long going through the courts but finally getting all the answers has made us stronger.

‘No amount of money will ever bring Rhiya back so our aim was always to make sure lessons are learnt so something like this can never happen again.’

During Murphy’s trial at Chelmsford Crown Court in January this year, it emerged that it was ‘common practice’ for staff to use their mobile phones when they should have been caring for the children.

Staff confirmed they were aware that they should not use their phones, but did so when their managers were not present.

The jury of seven men and five women heard that immediately before the incident, Murphy had been seen talking on her mobile phone when she was looking after the children.

The court was also told that nursery bosses did not take any disciplinary action against Murphy.

Murphy was convicted of a string of health and safety charges, while nursery manager Karen Jacobs, 38, of High Ongar, who was on trial at the same time, was found not guilty and cleared of the charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350782/Nursery-nurse-fined-just-2-400-toddler-care-hanged–promoted-THREE-TIMES-tragedy.html#ixzz2XX2x2rdQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook