Jun 22 2013
The Daily Mail
Yes, that’s the way.
Lets waste more tax payer’s money chasing shadows.
Quite obviously London’s chief Crown prosecutor Alison Saunders and her deputy Jenny Hopkins fancied a girls on tour holiday.
There have been no credible new leads in the McCann case.
So, with no arrests made and no arrests imminent, why else would two high
wankers rankers from the CPS need to travel to Portugal?
Meanwhile, the Homo Secretary Terry May is set to launch a full scale investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.
However, Terry is obviously not going to release the contents of the three ‘top secret’ files that he is holding on the case.
Nether the less, Terry’s gesture of goodwill towards Gel and Kat McCann will no doubt generate millions towards their dwindling coffers.
Meanwhile, rumours that Terry called an emergency meeting of COBRA to discuss the McCann’s financial crisis are unfounded.
Madeleine McCann legal team travel to Portugal to discuss new leads in hunt for missing girl
- London’s chief crown prosecutor visited Praia de Luz with detectives
- Met with Portuguese counterparts to discuss ‘possible next steps’
- Then three-year-old vanished from Algarve during family holiday in 2007
PUBLISHED: 10:13, 22 June 2013 | UPDATED: 10:14, 22 June 2013
Senior government lawyers have flown to Portugal to investigate fresh leads in the Madeleine McCann case, six years after she disappeared on a family holiday in the Algarve.
London’s chief Crown prosecutor Alison Saunders and her deputy Jenny Hopkins travelled to Portugal with Scotland Yard detectives in connection with the force’s review of the case, it has been confirmed.
The police review of the circumstances surrounding the little girl’s disappearance has identified new ‘people of interest’ as well as fresh ‘investigative and forensic opportunities’, it has emerged.
Madeleine, who was then three-years-old, vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3 2007, as her parents Kate and Gerry dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.
A CPS spokesman said: ‘Prosecutors from CPS London, and investigators from the MPS (Metropolitan Police Service), visited their Portuguese counterparts on April 17-18 to discuss possible next steps in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
‘We continue to work with the police on this case.’
Operation Grange, conducted by Scotland Yard’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command, was launched in May 2011 in response to a campaign by the McCann family.
It is the first time CPS lawyers have visited Portugal in connection with the Met’s review of the case.
Last month, Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell said the review has identified ‘both investigative and forensic opportunities’ and had identified ‘more than a handful of people of interest’.
Those ‘people of interest’ are understood to include Britons and known child offenders who were in the Algarve at the time of Maddie’s disappearance.
As they marked the sixth anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance last month, Mr and Mrs McCann said they were encouraged by Operation Grange, and said police seemed ‘more determined than ever’.
The couple’s hopes were further reinforced by the recent discovery of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight in Ohio, a decade after they went missing in separate incidents.
When the women were found, the McCanns said the rescue of the women ‘reaffirmed’ their hope of finding their daughter, which has never diminished.
It has been reported that Home Secretary Theresa May is set to announce a full-scale Yard investigation into Maddie’s disappearance.
A full investigation would allow police to interview suspects in Britain though they would seek the assistance of the Portuguese to carry out there inquiries there.
A Home Office spokesman said: ‘The Home Office remains committed to supporting the search for Madeleine McCann and we have always said we would provide the Metropolitan Police with the resources they need to investigate her disappearance.’
The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said they would not comment publicly while Operation Grange continues.
He said: ‘They remain grateful, however, to the UK authorities for the work being done to establish what happened to Madeleine and to bring those responsible for her abduction to justice.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346319/Madeleine-McCann-legal-team-travel-Portugal-discuss-new-leads-hunt-missing-girl.html#ixzz2WxnujwZj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook